Tuesday, July 08, 2008

1930's wife - I don't smoke dope

61

As a 1930s wife, I am
Superior

Take the test!




Okay, well maybe I am not very superior but I didn't even think I would rank this high. But since I don't smoke in bed, have cigarette stained fingers, or smoke dope that must count for something.. It was a fun test, and my friend over at Winchester Academy is right on about being a thrifty wife. I would love to explore ways each of us are helping our family during this recession. Sorry I used the "R" word but lets face it gas at 4+ dollars and a weeks supply of groceries topping 250.00 we definitely are tightening our belt around here. That may be because we have gas guzzling vehicles. Diesel should hit 5 dollars soon- ouch!

So maybe we can share on our blogs if we run across a good deal at the grocery store, or sale at target. How about Thrifty Thursday and we can post a good recipe or ideas to help cut household costs. We are going back to the laundry line, it truly saved me about 100.00 on my power bill. I just have to get the clothes out before the rain comes ;) Okay enough blogging I am off to clean the house...

5 comments:

Julie said...

I know, I laughed at the cigarette stained fingers one too!

Yes I'd be interested in Thrifty Thursdays!

DebiH. said...

Thrifty Thursday sounds like fun. Some of the 1930's wife questions were REALLY funny.

oneblessedmamma said...

I was Superior too, and I KNOW that's not right. I looked into the scoring further, and you are awarded 5 points per kid, so that must have been what gave me a boost.

Anonymous said...

Totally interested in the Thrify Thursdays too.

ann marie said...

I like the Thrifty Thursday idea. I think I commented on Julie's blog about how I just took my girls to see the new American Girl Kit movie and I'm telling you, those depression era people sure seemed very happy. We know we're in trouble though when we start taking in boarders. I have to confess that it looked like a lot of fun having all those people under one roof, all pitching in.