Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas At Our House

Christmas Eve
We attend our church's candelight service and then go riding around to look at the lights. Our favorite display is the little retirement park before Joann fabrics. They are always decked out.
This year the belief in Santa has been questioned by Maddy. Her friends are at an age that there is doubt. So in order to get another year of the magic of Santa, Amelia & Sarah Beth took jingle bells and
jingled them under the girls window.

Christmas Day


We usually spend Christmas Eve at my parents with my sister, so that we can all get up and be together Christmas morning.






Amelia was coveting Liv's Barbie


Maddy is planning Lyns upcoming wedding
Beautiful earrings from Grandma Anne & Pepa
Lyns gave Maddy her laptop!!

The Hunt
A family tradition since Lyns and I were kids has been a hunt for our "big" gift.
Usually after all the presents are unwrapped and we have had a sausage biscuit roll, we find a letter tucked on the tree somewhere.
In the letter is a clue that leads to another clue, and on it goes until you are lead to the big gift. My dad started this in order to prolong the gift exchange. He said it use to be a flurry of wrapping paper and it was all done in a few minutes. This way it draws it out... Anywho this year the big gifts were at my house, so the clues led us there.

A doll house, a bike and a radio??? Maddy didn't seem thrilled with her radio, so I told her, go upstairs and get a barbie from your room to play in the dollhouse....

Yeah, just a radio...
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a relaxing week to come...

1 comment:

Smith Schoolhouse said...

I like that tradition of hunting for the big present. I might steal it for my family.