Thursday, January 05, 2012
South Pole Elves
Christmas week I decided Mike and I would make some doll beds for Liv's American Girl dolls. The cheap plastic-y ones at target were 45.00 dollars and I knew with my husbands mad carpentry skills we could whip one out for way less. Little did I know that a divorce costs way more than the target beds.... but I digress.. In usual Leisa fashion I find a cute plan on ana-white.com, decide we will make 6. You know 4 for us and 2 for friends, I mean how long can it take, right?
Notice the box of cheap beer under the table... I think that was a step in the process.. Just kidding Mike's dad helped get us started. He is a master carpenter.
Yes, they are adorable, yes, it takes two people to assemble, and yes, I called my husband a bastard in our back yard when our missionary neighbors were out back on their porch. And yes, I covered by loudly proclaiming, " I'm sorry honey, it's just so hard to get all these finished for the poor orphans...."
These still had to have about 5 billion more coats of paint. You can see the finished product with home made quilts in our Christmas day pics.

And I am sure our neighbors thought Santa was bringing us a divorce for Christmas, but hey that's just how we ROLL ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Those beds are gorgeous! And you are hilarious. I wish you would write more often. Also, I call my husband that name on occasion, but only in love ;) It's all in love! I mean if you say anything the right way it comes across as sweet and endearing and I've perfected the art.
Post a Comment