Sunday, August 12, 2007

I Found My Quilting Motivation

After returning from our quilting instructional meeting at Steph's house I was a little apprehensive about attempting my first sewing project. I was talking to a friend on the phone lamenting my lack of skills when my sweet dear husband heard I was attempting to sew a quilt and burst out laughing!! Not amused I cornered him and demanded why he thought I could not succeed at whatever I put my mind too? Sensing he was in danger, he immediatly began extolling my praises at scrapbooking, however the damage was done. I am now going to produce THE best squares, EVER!!! On a side note, my dear hubby has always been the one to sew in our family. He could repair a button, or minor sewing repair better with one arm, than I could with two, so I guess he thought the idea of my becoming a quilter alittle humorous at the time. We shall see!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hey--I didn't know you had a blog. I've just entered the blog world as well. You'll have to check it out. I love your vacation pictures! It looks like you guys had a ball. I look forward to hearing all about it soon. We just got back from a two week trip, it was a blast! I am planning to start my quilt squares this week after I work on my Americana quilt top. My kids are gone for the week so I'm declaring it sewing week! I even bought Hannah patterns for American Girl clothes, I may try my hand at that, we'll see how the quilting goes. Talk to you soon!