Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Quilting Help~~ Opinions needed






Ok here is a quilt I am giving as a gift. I cannot decide if I should leave it as is, or add a floral or solid border? Please weigh in.. Also if I add a border, should it be the solid red that is in the first border or a lime green with tiny rosebuds (it is also in the patchwork)


6 comments:

DebiH. said...

It looks great and I think I solid red would be beautiful as a border.

oneblessedmamma said...

You are amazing! You've become a quilting fiend. I love this quilt, and it's fine as is, but I do think it would be more "finished" with a border.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

WOW, it is gorgeous! I do not feel qualified to answer your question about borders since I am not a quilter- yet. But I think it would be great if you somehow repeated the borders from the inside- like a wide border of the light blue floral and then a narrow red border around the edge. What are you using for the back?

Emily said...

it looks great

i would finish it with a soild border. not sure what color maybe red ot a blue not sure i'll take a econd look, call me tonight

love mom

5Gustos said...

I love the prints. Very nice. Yes, another border of some kind.

Lady G~ said...

I'm no expert, but it's beautiful just as it is. But I looked at all the quilts we have and they all have borders. I also asked the our two "quilting" Fair Maidens and they told me that all the quilts they've made, have had borders.

I really like all the prints and patterns you picked. How about making the border out of the flower print that's on the 6th square on the second row from the top on the second picture?

You are soooooo talented!