Thursday, December 11, 2008

Courtney's latest Blog Post! Preach it sister!

If you haven't found Storing Up Treasures In Heaven, go there , now! Yes, right now, I'll wait!

Ok, back? Well here is her latest post, and all I can say is AMEN, and , No I'm not pregnant!




Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy with what you have
by Courtney, Wife of the Rockstar


I have had several people ask me "Why can't you be happy with the kids you have?". I have thought about this and questioned my own motives in wanting more children. I really had to think about what my answer to this is. I am happy with the 9 wonderful, amazing, blessings God has given me. It actually isn't a question of me being unhappy. I am perfectly happy with 9. If God desires for us to stop at 9, then I will happily raise my 9 treasures and pray for lots of grandchildren.

I have had people say to me "You are so young, when they are all raised, you can do whatever you want with your life". I always find this statement odd. As if to say that I am not doing what I want now. I am doing exactly what I want to now. I actually cannot imagine my life without little people in it. I cry thinking of that day. I grieve each time the baby isn't a baby anymore thinking it may be my last baby. The world sees children as a burden. I see them as life's greatest blessing.

I believe the world NEEDS more people who will change it. I believe the world needs more people who will preach the gospel to the lost. I believe that God desires this also. I believe that He is pleased when a new life enters the world or an orphan finds a home. I believe the angels rejoice.

Satan's greatest tool is to deceive Christians into thinking that children are a burden. These days many Christians are choosing not to have children. When Christians stop having children, the world grows darker. One day we will not be here, and our children and grandchildren will need to carry the torch. They will need to be a light in an ever increasing dark world.

These precious treasures God has loaned me are for HIS Glory, His purpose. Their lives are marked and He chose them before they were born. Just like the people of the biblical era deemed it a great honor to have a Godly lineage, so do I. They desired children for the same reason I do. Because the only thing that will ever change the world is the gospel of Jesus Christ. The only way the world will see the light of God is through people. When Christians do not fulfill the call to have and raise Godly children, the world loses.

When we die, nothing is left of us. We won't really even matter to this world. But, our children will be here to carry out the call. They will be here fighting the battle. They will be here shining light into a dark and Godless world. The average Muslim woman will bear 12 children. Muslims are taught to go out and convert as many people in their lifetime as they possibly can. We are already losing the battle here on Earth. Christians are dwindling in numbers rapidly. This isn't a question of happiness for me. This is about my duty, my call, my responsibility

.Adopting a child into our home is more than it seems. Yes, we are saving a child from poverty. Yes, we are giving them a Mother and Father, a family, the privileges of living in America. Yes, we are clothing them, loving them, giving them a roof over their head. Yes, we are giving them hope and a future. But, even more than all of that, we see it as a way for another soul to come to the Lord. We see it as an opportunity for one more person to come to know the Lord. We see it as populating Heaven. Earth is but a moment. Heaven is for eternity. Saving a child is so much more than just giving them a home. It is preparing them for eternity. I cannot think of anything more valuable to the Father.

I conclude with this. I have no idea how many children we will have/adopt. I do know that I desire to do my Father's work. I desire to do His will, and when He says we are done, then I will let everyone know. For now, please know that we are happy with 9. We were happy with one. With each child our happiness grows. With each blessing we are more grateful than we were before. And with each new addition, there is another opportunity for the world to know the Lord.

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him" Psalm 127:3

"Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live." Deuteronomy 30:19

"Grandchildren are the crown of old men, and the glory of children is their parentage." Proverbs 17:6.

"Like a fruitful vine your wife within your home, Like olive plants your children around your table. Just so will they be blessed who fear the Lord." Psalm 128:3-4.

"Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth." Genesis 1:28.

"Children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them" Psalm 127:3-5

And her Rockstar husband is pretty cool, too


4 comments:

DebiH. said...

Wow! That could not have been written better.

DebiH. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smith Schoolhouse said...

I love reading her blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

The RockStar said...

Her husband is actually a raging idiot, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions :-)