The Christmas Tree Farm

Last weekend we all loaded up for our annual trip to Santa's Christmas Tree Farm. Before we had even parked, Liv was asking for money to ride the pony. Let me just tell you Santa's farm is an event unto itself, and a $$ maker. Resigned that we were going to spend a small fortune on a dead tree, I was not thrilled to give
Santa anymore of my $$. Well the pouting ensued, and I had to remind her of proper behavior, and ask her if we needed to visit the
porta-potty, if ya know what I mean ;) Well amazingly smiles returned and we went off to search for a pre-cut tree.

And Mike found it. Grab and bag was his motto. 19.99, perfect... Let's Go!

Well he knew better than that, we have been married for 13 years.

Yes, I reiterated
free activities, so Ethan shook that feed machine to get every loose pellet out to feed the goats. Pathetic, I tell you!

How about we go out and chop down a tree this year? We haven't done that since 1998, I tell you we have been coming to Santa's tree farm for a long time. We could probably work here.I'm pretty sure I've helped buy a few tractors, or the porta potty.

So we grab a pole, and a saw, to which Maddy said, Liv's going to hurt someone with that, let me carry it!

Ethan carried the pole. You know that's why we had so many kids, right! Mike and I don't want to have to chop down the tree and carry the saw!

Here we are at the scene of the attack, Maddy swinging the saw, Liv walking behind her, and BAM!
Blood & Tears at the Happiest Place on Earth

A little revenge

So, after carrying Liv with her leg half sawed off (you saw the pic, right!) from the back 40 to the porta potty area, Mike and I decided maybe the 19.99 tree didn't look too bad! Yeah you know there would have to be arterial spray coming from that knee for me say yes to a tree smaller than me, right???
But we did find a nice 8 footer, that we didn't have to take out a second mortgage for. So load em up!!

Ok, now I know I said I didn't buy the little tree, but this is the upstairs "kids" tree purchased by their grandparents...


This is our tree, see Maddy has to climb the windowsill to reach the top.


And Ethan like a good Momma's boy proudly held up the Jeff Gordon ornament,
I don't know what happen the the Tony Stewart ornament, Mike . I think I may use this pic for our Christmas card,
ok honey?
THE END
Christmas outside lights are next!
5 comments:
What a great story and pictures, so funny!
How's Liv's shaved-off knee doing by now? You always have an interesting story about everything. :)
LOL
You are so funny!! I am glad Livy survived.
The "Grandparents" is that the same as Mimi and Papa?
it's beautiful and looks like y'all had so much fun!
Great pictures and story. I like the ornament picture.
Post a Comment