Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Publix Grocery Trip

I went to Publix yesterday with the hopes of reaching 90% on my bill. I had ordered 20 A-1 coupons that would have given me 20.00 in overage, but they have yet to come in, so I hit 75% instead.

1-Bunny Giant Bread- 2.69 no Q
3-Bottom Round Roast 10.76 (B1 get 2 free Albertsons)
2-Muir Glenn Tomato sauce( printable Q= free)
1- Publix butter- 2.50, no Q
6- Curleys BBQ pork - 11.07 (raincheck from B1G1, and (6) 1.00 off Q's)
2- Kashi Waffles - (50% off sale, (2) 1.00 off Q's & target (2) .25 Q's = free)
2- Tombstone Pizza's- 5.00 (1.00/2 Q)
6 Klondike boxes- 4.50 (B1G1 & (6) 1.25 off Q's)
2- Kraft shredded cheese- 3.38 ( (2) 1.00 off printable Q's )
1- Romaine Hearts- 1.99- no Q
2- Cabbage- 1.38- no Q
1 head lettuce- 1.49 no Q
1-group banana- 1.54 no Q
70- kool aid packs - free (kool aid Q for 2.00 off 10 + Food lion 1.00 off 5 Q- this gives overage)
2- Apple & Eve organic juice boxes- 1.00 off Publix Q & .50 off manufacturer Q = free
1- Capri Sun- 1.14 (.75 off Q)
1- onions- 1.19 - no Q
1- Wavy Lays- 2.99
2- Ruffles- 4.00 ( 2.00 off Q)
6- Smart Balance butter blend 6.27 (B1G1 , (3) 1.00 off 2 Q's)
6- Smart Balance Milk- free (free milk when you buy 1 butter)
3- Brown Sugar Publix brand (free) (2.00 off koolaid/sugar Q + food lion) gave overage
4- White sugar Publix- free (kool aid sugar Q + food lion) gave overage
2- Reach Floss- free ( Publix Q + Manufacturer Q = overage)
1- Publix eggs- 1.09 no Q
3- Carefree Pantiliners- free (Manufacturer printable Q + Publix Q = free +
9- Johnson & johnson Red cross gauze/tape/pads - free (3/2 Q + 5.00 Publix Q = free + overage
10/50- Winn Dixie Q
Total- 229.82 before Q's
Out of Pocket - 53.53

Br eakdown of savings-
Vendor Q- 78.25
Competitor Q- 60.00
Advertised savings- 34.00
Advantage buy- ? water spot on receipt

If I had the A-1 coupons I would have had another 20.00 in overage and only spent 33.53!

Okay, and I forgot to add shopping like this is a completely different system of planning. I have been doin this for months so I have a stockpile of meat, chicken, canned, frozen, baking, and all other items stored up from previous trips. So we won't have to eat roast, kool aid and klondikes all week ;)

If you buy when it is cheapest and think ahead. Like I need baking things for Christmas. Well I can buy now and save rather than when I need it and it is not on sale. Also would you rather have mayo at 4.99 or .50? Buy these items when they clear out Summer stock.

I only bought on sale stuff and went gung ho, so for the first month it was pretty creative with the dishes I cooked, but after month one we had a pretty good supply.

Chicken is ALWAYS cheapest at albertsons 1.68-1.99 lb for boneless skinless.
ground beef t pay 1.99/lb. when you see it at Publix- STOCK up!! These prices have gotten few and far between. In a pinch Albertsons always has ground beef 80/20 for 1.79-1.99, I just like Publix meat better ;)

5 comments:

crispy said...

Keep the posts coming. What I am looking for is the info of how to do this. Any step by step would be great to learn. I wish I were there so I could shadow you.

Thanks for sharing your tips.

Leisa said...

Cris,

You are in the Nashville area so you have a great couponing woman who posts specifically to your area. She is super nice and is AMAZING! her blog is ilovepublix.blogspot.com

Check her out, and she answers questions, and you get DOUBLES!!!

lyndsay said...

Who has time to do all this??? Maybe thats why Ethan put car keys into the socket, you were at Publix saving .25cents. I still love you!! Whats for breakfast!

Tiffany said...

You are my coupon hero!!!

starbucksgirl said...

Nice job Leisa! You're well on your way to 90+% savings!