Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Confessions of A Homeschooling Mom Part 1
I have a feeling there will be many chapters to this topic theme over the year. The beginning of a school year usually is filled with excitement. New crisp books to read, clean sheets of paper and sharp pencils. I usually diligently outline our lessons and plan library trips and corresponding activities for our school week. Well not this year. I wake up dreaming of jumping in our RV and touring civil war museums and battlefields instread of reading about them. I long for the excitement and adventure of the open road, and three screaming kids in the backseat. Am I procrastinating jumping back into our school work full force, it is possible, I have been known for it. Have I not found our groove yet from being back? I feel like I am spinning in circles. We do our obligatory school work, boy does that sound exciting? I am already planning our next summers trip to Yellowstone, and we have barely been home a month. Am I crazy to contemplate selling our home and travelling? Right now I should be cooking dinner, I mean ordering take out, remember the oven is dead=) but I am dreaming about campfires and smores. Help, I have contracted wanderlust.
Labels:
homeschooling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ooooh, chills. Now you have begun to really homeschool!!! That all homeschoolers could do it this way!
Wanderlust away, your kids and their schooling experience will be the better for it!
Post a Comment