Friday, November 02, 2007

Let Me See you Jelly Roll!!!


Ok, a bad knock off to the tootsie roll song, but hey I like it.. And I LOVE Jelly Rolls, that is quilting Jelly Rolls. The low calorie treat that is pre cut in 2.5 inch by 40 inch strips of glorious fabric. No cutting and cutting, and cussing and cutting to do. Just glorious strips of flowing cotton to piece and log cabin until your heart is content. Yes, I am in LOVE! I am thinking of writing an ode to the jelly roll. ...oh, your perfect edge....wrapped tight with a string....long beautiful pieces, no we won't make a wedding ring... Well maybe I should stick to quilting. Anyway I am going to introduce you all to these amazing rolls....




2 comments:

5Gustos said...

This looks like a neat and easy way to learn to quilt? I have chronic procrastination on the subject. That's my perfectionism shining through. Many things never get started because of the curse. Not to mention that my mother is a master sewing artist guru! I am paralyzed with fear to bring her shame. Eeek!! She doesn't just quilt, she silk embroiders it all and makes her own "heirloom" lace to boot!

5Gustos said...

This looks like a neat and easy way to learn to quilt? I have chronic procrastination on the subject. That's my perfectionism shining through. Many things never get started because of the curse. Not to mention that my mother is a master sewing artist guru! I am paralyzed with fear to bring her shame. Eeek!! She doesn't just quilt, she silk embroiders it all and makes her own "heirloom" lace to boot!