Monday, September 22, 2008

Ok I'm going to blog

Yes, I have been just posting on everyone elses blog, and ignoring mine. It is so much more fun to comment than try and come up with a witty interesting post. Especially when all I have been doing is cleaning toliets, closets and climbing Mt laundry. Not alot of excitement there!



However I must say I have sucessfully whipped my closets, school room, kids rooms and laundry into shape. Why the need to do this, you say?? Well we have started our school year and as many of you know I have house ADD when it comes to school. I cannot teach math if dust bunnies are taunting me from the baseboards. I cannot focus on spelling knowing that the geotrax, legos and little people are all dumped out and intermixed in Ethan's closet. Crazy, I tell you but please read more in my post from 2006 http://homeschoolinginthesun.blogspot.com/2007/08/dusting-baseboards-is-necessary-for.html

Well all that being said, I also am trying to get everything organized and in line for Olivia's tonsilectomy on Wednesday. As in 2 days away. She has been having problems with her tonsils obstructing her airway, and she is thrusting her lower jaw out to make room for more air. It kind of gives her that bulldog effect when she talks, and her speech, Oh my, will we be in speech this year!!

So I am nesting, without the morning sickness!! I am secretly looking forward to having a really good excuse to stay holed up at home for 2 weeks. Please keep Livvy in your prayers. It is rough for 4-5 days, thank the Lord for Tylenol with codeine! She is a little bit anxious, as is her momma. Does anyone know anything about Dr Vaught in Leesburg? He seems great, but I have yet to meet anyone who has personally used him as their ENT.

On top of my cleaning weekend, Maddy and Ethan caught colds. I quarentined them so Liv wouldn't get sick, yeah easier said than done! Ethan touched Liv and she ran from the room hysterical that she was going to get sick.... like I said crazy, I tell you, crazy!!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Was thinking of Liv this morning - praying that all goes well!

Emily said...

I'll be praying for Liv and for you.

ann marie said...

I will pray for her and you.

Cheryl said...

You guys will be in my prayers. Poor Olivia (but that was a funny mind picture!)

I can definitely relate to this feeling... clearing/cleaning house somehow frees up my brain cells!

5Gustos said...

House ADD. I like your term. I must not have house ADD, but a different form, in Room ADD. I can't focus when something's amiss in the room we are trying to school in currently.

Praying for Liv. Say, our little B started her speech therapy today. I hope it works. We're investing a lot of our time for a measly 15 min 2 times a week.

Unknown said...

I've been praying for Liv. Sara has too! She's been worried about her friend.

I have ADD Everything these days! I have said many times that Alzeimer's (SP?) does not begin when you age, but rather when you have your first child. Most of the time I don't know if I am coming or going! :)

Smith Schoolhouse said...

OK, speaking of commenting but not blogging! Where is cdgantz's blog??? Am I missing out on something?