Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cracker Barrel at Home

We had a Cracker Barrel night at home. I found this awesome recipe from the Southern Plate for their grilled tenderloins. It was a hit at my house so here is the recipe.

Cracker Barrel Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into tenderloins
1 cup Zesty Italian dressing
2 tsp lime juice
3 tsp honey

I doubled the recipe. Combine ingredients and pour in a ziploc bag, add chicken and let marinate at least an hour. Overnight would probably be the best.

Pour mixture and chicken in a deep skillet and let reduce down to a glaze on medium heat. This will take 40-50 minutes.

and then I had to make Peach Cobbler, just because I wanted to.

Peach Cobbler- the easy way!

1 box golden cake mix (with a coupon it was recently on sale for .60)
2 cans peaches in syrup
3-4 tbsp cinnamon, sugar and dash of nutmeg mixture
1-2 tbsp butter cut into tiny tiny pieces

In a 13x9 pan butter it, dump in peaches, top with cake mix (make sure the juice soaks into mix so it doesn't come out powdery. You may have to press it into the juices) Top with the cinnamon/sugar mixture until top of cobbler is covered. ( I just kept adding until it looked right.) And then add little pieces of butter on top all over. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until crust is brown and crunchy.

Serve with ice cream, yum-yum!

2 comments:

DebiH. said...

This was amazing! Thank you!!!!

Unknown said...

Ok, I've now heard about this twice, so I think I'm going to have to try it!