Monday, May 11, 2009

Chicken Diapers, Yall?

Let me introduce you to the newest member of our coop.


This is Dreamer



She is a sweet 12 week old Red Star




She is also been the victim



of




coop bullying




I found her being chased and pecked violently this afternoon. She has been here 2 days with no


incident.



I got to her before any damage was done physically.







But mentally who knows? Being bullied can hurt a young ones self esteem.





And now I have found her checking out the cat's watering bowl,



and just chilling in the kitchen with me while I was making dinner.




She's really sweet, and really scared of being in the coop.

One of the older hussies decided to make her the target, and let me tell you chickens do succumb to peer pressure.


Why even sweet little Sparkles was pecking this poor baby!



When you put her in the coop she paces by the door and cries..

So


Maddy has moved her into a large dog crate in the school room..



and I am wondering?




Where can I find some of those chicken diapers?

3 comments:

Julie said...

You are so funny. It cracks me up to think you had a chicken walking around your kitchen while you were making dinner, what were you having?

Leisa said...

BBQ Chicken...

nrenick said...

You crack me up!!! That is the funniest thing!